In a world like ours today, there are so many things that can make us feel stressed, unhappy, or worse, and while these are completely rational emotions to feel, there are many ways to help ease the stress of everyday life. CBD is one of the options that people are turning to. CBD, also known as cannabidiol, is extracted from cannabis and contains no THC. While it is currently being tested for its full effectiveness in the body, many swear by its potential wellness benefits.
Incorporating CBD Into Your Routine
Thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, CBD products made from hemp are legal across the United States. This means that anyone can enjoy them and use them to treat ailments. If you’re ready to get into CBD or are looking to change up your CBD routine, there are many ways to take the cannabinoid. From the classic sublingual dropper to buttery lotions, CBD can be worked into any routine.
- Tinctures: The most common way to take CBD is sublingually. Sublingual means “under the tongue”; simply take your dosage, drop the oil under your tongue, and hold it for 90 seconds. CBD oil can come in many different flavors and carrier oils, so make sure you do research to find the best fit for you.
- Edibles: Edible options such as CBD gummies or adding CBD to food and drinks can be an excellent choice for those who do not enjoy taking the oil sublingually. They can also be more discreet, meaning you can take them almost anywhere. While the absorption rate is lower for ingestion than sublingual application, edibles are a highly popular alternative to CBD oil tinctures.
- Topical: If you are looking for a more localized approach, topical products such as lotions, lip balms, and bath bombs can be a great CBD option. Lotions, for example, can be made with higher concentrations of CBD that may help with pain relief. Bath bombs can infuse your bath water with possible skin-soothing qualities, and other products can also be used for a variety of benefits.
- Smokables: One of the most potent ways to use CBD is to add an oil blend to a vaporizer. Special products are made to be used in an e-cigarette; do not add regular CBD oil to them! The bioavailability of these products can help enhance the effects of CBD as the product can be more easily absorbed into the bloodstream through the lungs.
- Capsules: Like a daily vitamin, CBD can also be taken in capsule form. While this is a less common approach to using the cannabinoid, capsules can be an easy way to add CBD to your daily routine. This option can lead to a longer wait time for the possible effects to take place in your body, but for some, the convenience of CBD capsules is the best option.
How Does CBD Work?
Humans and animals possess something called an endocannabinoid system, or the ECS. The way CBD works exactly is still a mystery, with many researchers worldwide seeking answers. Unlike popular belief, CBD does not bind directly to the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the body. Instead, it has a plethora of molecular interactions that enable the body to produce its own cannabinoids. CBD also acts as a reuptake inhibitor, meaning that it allows cannabinoids to remain in the system for a longer amount of time. Depending on the method of consumption, CBD can be as effective or as mild as the user deems fit. CBD may be a great way to tackle some of life’s more complicated issues like symptoms of anxiety, depression, and similar problems.
The NuWave Difference
At NuWave Botanicals, we want to help make CBD more accessible to those who need it. Based in Colorado, NuWave Botanicals only carries the highest-quality powders, capsules, and other products. We are proud of our top-notch customer service and incredible products! If you have any questions, give us a call at (866) 420-5728 ext 100, or send us an email at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.